CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5252 by Brian Mc
CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13 was created by Brian Mc
So next week is everyone's favourite, the Team Time Trial round! The course is two laps of the Brittas circuit we've been using this year - starting from the Blue Gardenia, left into Manor Kilbride, right at the hairpin, left over the bridge, over the usual finishing line, and back toward Manor Kilbride.

The finish line for the TTT is just before the hairpin turn. Total distance is around 30km. Sign-on closes at 18.50.

Teams are made up of 3/4 riders. The team's time will be taken on the third rider to cross the line, so obviously if you have a fourth rider you have more leeway to lose one to puncture, inability to keep up, or whatever.

Update: With only nine teams competing, it was decided on the night that only the first three teams will get points, rather than the first six.

Last year the winning team was an Usher one, in a time of 38'26". The top Orwell team was third with 39'03" (second was Lucan in 39'00"). It was a wet night, so potential for faster times.

Teams can be made up from any of the groups, but it's best to form a team where everyone has similar abilities - the work is shared more evenly, everyone's able for the same fastest pace, etc.

If you have a team already formed, please post it here, so the organisers can more easily prepare the time sheets. If you're without a team, you can use this thread to find others looking for one, or just show up on the night and you'll be matched up with others. But your best bet is to form one beforehand with riders you know, otherwise you may end up either collecting tickets for the night (not so bad for the result), or constantly pinging off the front (frustrating for everyone). It also allows you to practice and work out a system for riding through.

Usual TT rules apply - aero gear allowed, caution when overtaking teams, and no drafting (except within teams, obviously!). Any questions, ask away, though it might be covered in previous TTT threads...

2012: www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/5-racing/38...time-trial-2012.html
2011: www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/5-racing/23...time-trial-2011.html
2012: www.orwellwheelers.org/forum/5-racing/834-team-time-trial.html
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5253 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Also, I want to share a memory from last year, when my team with Ken McCullagh, Owen O'Flaherty and Neal Hudson, suffered two mechanicals. We lost Neal somewhere near the end of lap one, and then a km from the finish line, my front mech jammed, and I couldn't pedal any more. Ken and Owen came back, and pushed me to the finish line.

Leave no man behind*. It was the kind of feel-good story they make films about, and the memory of crossing that line still moves me to this day. True teammates. <3

*except Neal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Owen O'Flaherty

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5254 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
I was there at the finish to witness that beautiful sight Brian..! It was as glorious a failure as I've ever seen :-)

Liam Rowsome
Peter Gerrard
Jamie Busher
Gavin Dodd

Thankfully Gavin has kindly volunteered to do the Brian Ahern role and drag us around :-) Team sorted.
See y'all in Brittas for training tomorrow, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday! ;-)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Liam Rowsome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

• Patrick O'Brien
11 years 1 month ago #5255 by Patrick O'Brien
Replied by Patrick O'Brien on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Here is a team for the mix

Brian McArdle
Eric Downey
Pat O Brien
Tom Blennerhassett

Whoever gets "lost" can actually consider themselves lucky. I'm hoping that's me :-)

More
11 years 1 month ago #5256 by Liam Rowsome
Wow, that's the dream team there!
We'd have to recruit Brian Ahern and tie ourselves onto his saddle to have a hope..

More
11 years 1 month ago #5257 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Darragh Long
David Tansey
Fionn Sheridan
Pat Conlon

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5259 by Brian Mc
Apologies, I didn't list the marshalls. There are 20 supposed to be covering the course, but the league committee were in touch to say they should only need 10. If anyone wants to volunteer now to definitely marshall, let me know here or via email.
Otherwise the race organiser will decide on the night - most likely the first 10 marshalls to sign on will get to choose if they want to race.

Seamus Fitzgerald
Siobhán O'Connor Fergal Daly - will marshall
JP Flynn Diarmuid Collins
Brian O'Dwyer
Cathal Murray
Stephen McNally Paul O'Brien
Patrick O'Brien Jules Cantwell
Colum Bradley
Brendan Canning
Jim Carey Jnr.
Anne Dalton
Patricia Buckley
Fionn Griffin
Martyn Holmes
Declan Byrne
Edward O'Mahoney Ken McCullagh
Liam Rowsome David Halpin
Dave Tansey
Tom Blennerhassett
Pat Conlon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siobhan O'Connor

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5262 by Liam Rowsome
I swapped with David Halpin and I marshaled at the race the night after the Stephen Roche GP. He's covering my slot.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Liam Rowsome.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5263 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Looking for 3 like-minded riders for this. Anyone not looking to win would be ideal.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5264 by Jules Cantwell
Replied by Jules Cantwell on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
I'm marshalling in place of Patrick O'Brien.

Due mainly to work travel and some holidays, it looks like only one of the last 7 rounds I'd be able to participate in is the Hill Championship next week...and what with gravity being a beeatch and all, ain't exactly my forte (to put it mildly!). So I'd be delighted to get a shot at the TTT if there's any chance instead of marshalling. Getting out of work in time is always a major challenge for me but if there's a decent chance I can race if signed on early, I'll book it in as personal time to be sure to get out early, so please let me know if the plans change, thanks.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5265 by Stephen McNally
Replied by Stephen McNally on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Hi Brian,

Paul O'Brien is marshalling for me at the TTT, as I did one for him earlier in the year...

Thanks, Stephen.

• Fergal Daly
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5267 by Fergal Daly
Replied by Fergal Daly on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
I'm covering Siobhan O'Connor's marshalling slot and I'll be in no fit state to race a TT on Thursday. Planning on making the last two races of the season, so I'm happy to put myself down as a definite for marshalling this one if that means someone else gets to race it.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Fergal Daly.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5268 by Martyn Holmes
Replied by Martyn Holmes on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Hi Brian,

Any chance I can get a dispensation to use up one of the 10 unrequired marshall spots for this Thursday?
I am down to marshall but have broken elbow so no cycling / driving for a few weeks and won't be able to make it out

Thanks,
Martyn

More
11 years 1 month ago #5269 by Diarmuid Collins
Replied by Diarmuid Collins on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
I swapped with Oisin Boland who had previously swapped with JP Flynn

So I guess I'm doing JP Flynns spot.

• Ken McCullagh
11 years 1 month ago #5270 by Ken McCullagh
Replied by Ken McCullagh on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
I'm covering as marshall for Ed OMahoney.
How will that work if I drive out and am told am not needed to marshal after all?

More
11 years 1 month ago #5271 by Brian Mc

How will that work if I drive out and am told am not needed to marshal after all?

You get to go home I presume. Or you can insist on marshalling so someone else could ride. :)

More
11 years 1 month ago #5273 by Brian Mc

Hi Brian,

Any chance I can get a dispensation to use up one of the 10 unrequired marshall spots for this Thursday?
I am down to marshall but have broken elbow so no cycling / driving for a few weeks and won't be able to make it out

Thanks,
Martyn

Hey Martyn, unfortunately there's no exceptions. Best bet is probably to send a replacement to sign on early for you (or cover your spot). If you know anyone who's going to head up early, they could cover your spot, and then race.

I'd offer, but I'm on a training course that day, and not sure what time I'll be at the TTT.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5275 by Martyn Holmes
Replied by Martyn Holmes on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13

You get to go home I presume. Or you can insist on marshalling so someone else could ride. :)

Hi Ken,

Further to Brian's response - if you end up out there at a loose end and fancy covering my spot I can owe you one for next season or a winter spin group lead slot - or a share in the 50eur I will otherwise forfeit!

Martyn

More
11 years 1 month ago #5276 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13

Hi Brian,

Thanks,
Martyn

Don't worry about it Martyn, I'll cover for you in case you're needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc, Martyn Holmes

More
11 years 1 month ago #5277 by Ivan O'Brien
Replied by Ivan O'Brien on topic CL 2013 R18 - TTT (Brittas) 8/8/13
Another team:
Owen O'Flaherty
Mike Hanley
Julian Moore
Ivan O'Brien

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds