Stolen White Trek Road Bike - Watch out on for Sale bike sites

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #35406 by John Murray
I was sadly mistaken when I thought that my one-year-old Trek Domane SL6 road bike was well secured and locked up in our garden shed. In the early hours of Friday July 16th, it was stolen and the remaining 3 older and less valuable family road bikes were not removed.

It is a distinctive White 56 cm carbon frame hydraulic disc brake bike (see attached picture) with the Trek brand name on the frame so it should be relatively easy to spot on a for sale website in the next few weeks. I was told that unless it was stolen for export, the most likely sites it will be advertised for sale are Facebook Marketplace, adverts.ie or Done Deal.

I gave the Garda Station in Terenure (01-6666400) a number of pictures I had taken when I purchased this new road bike in May 2020 which includes all distinctive markings as well as the serial number. If you happen to see a White Trek bike similar to this being advertised for sale in the next few weeks, I would be very grateful if you would contact me through this forum so I can follow up with the Garda.

I know that in reality this is a long shot, and while I am very annoyed to lose my one year old bike, I am more annoyed that someone broke into our shed in what I thought was our relatively secure back garden in the middle of the night.

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by John Murray.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds