Trip to Samoëns, France 22nd to 29th June

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #28405 by Kevin Farrell
Trip to Samoëns, France 22nd to 29th June was created by Kevin Farrell
A group of us are putting together a trip to Samoëns which is in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of France and offers loads of cycling nearby including Col de Joux Plane. As we'll be staying in the one location for the week, there'll be no pressure to cycle every day and people can take it as handy or as hard as they'd like. There will, however, be plenty of tough climbs for those who want to test themselves.

It has shaped up as follows:
1. Dates 22nd to 29th June 2019;
2. Direct flights to Geneva are ~€190 and it'll be about an hour transfer to Samoëns;
3. Accommodation: www.aec-vacances.com/fr/individuels/destinations/samoens.html which is costing €427 per person on a twin room basis (no single rooms available apparently). This on a full board basis and inclusive of a carafe of wine at dinner;
4. Dedicated bike storage on site;
5. Extras in addition to the above would be bike hire if required (trying to get quotes at the minute), guides if we decide we need them and transfers to and from the airport.

20 places being held by the accommodation at the minute with 10 takers so far. Would like to confirm numbers by Friday 26th October. Shout if you're interested/have any queries.

Thanks,
Kevin
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Kevin Farrell. Reason: Fixed month
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan O'Brien, Raechel Campbell, Ken Moloney

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #28410 by Tom Weymes
Replied by Tom Weymes on topic Trip to Samoëns, France 22nd to 29th June
Sounds really nice: any interest from bona-fide Yellows?
Are you going to be the main organizing man, Kev?

More
5 years 5 months ago #28429 by Kevin Farrell
Replied by Kevin Farrell on topic Trip to Samoëns, France 22nd to 29th June
Hi Tom,
Haven't heard of any firm interest from yellows yet but it goes without saying that they'd be welcome. Majority of those who have expressed interest so far would be orange-paced but no problem having different groups and/or routes to cater for other paces.

Kevin

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #28446 by Kevin Farrell
Almost crunch time at the current (full board) accommodation prices as we have to let them know final numbers by the 30th October (moved out a few days from initial post).

I'll leave this link here for those on the fence:
Col de Joux Plane (there are three different routes up to that Col starting close to the accommodation so there's a variety of pre-breakfast spins available!)

As it stands, mostly an orange-paced group but any other paced group more than welcome.

After 30th Oct, additional riders still welcome to join but will have to source accommodation themselves.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Kevin Farrell. Reason: Attempt to fix link

More
5 years 5 months ago #28464 by Richard McSherry
Replied by Richard McSherry on topic Trip to Samoëns, France 22nd to 29th June
Hi Kevin - sign me up - that will make one definite Yellow pace rider - but I'll still bring my orange cap just in case.

Looks like there's a lot of great routes to explore (i.e. lots of hills) so should be a real blast.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #29965 by Kevin Farrell
Hi all, I was due to travel on this cycling trip with about 15 from the club but can unfortunately no longer make it and am looking to find a replacement if possible.

Between flights (incl. bike box in hold) and accommodation, I've paid out €700 but happy to transfer the flights and accommodation to someone else in Orwell for €500 which includes the €100 name-change fee payable to Aer Lingus. If anyone is interested in a great value week of cycling in the Alps with great company, reply here or contact me on the following number:
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The trip is to Samoëns which is in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region of France and offers loads of great cycling. As the group will be staying in the one location for the week, there'll be no pressure to cycle every day and people can take it as handy or as hard as they'd like. There will, however, be plenty of tough climbs for those who want to test themselves. The group travelling varies from strong yellow to strong orange pace.

It has shaped up as follows:
1. Dates 22nd to 29th June 2019;
2. Direct flights to and from Geneva and it'll be about an hour transfer to Samoëns;
3. Accommodation: www.aec-vacances.com/fr/individuels/destinations/samoens.html This is on a full board basis and inclusive of a carafe of wine at dinner! I've a shared split-level room booked;
4. Dedicated bike storage on site;
5. Extras in addition to the above would be bike hire if required and the transfers from Geneva which is going to be ~€80 return,

Thanks,
Kevin
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Kevin Farrell.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds