Spinning for Cyclists - Only €5 for Orwell Members

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #19422 by Sandra Telford
Hi all, I’m working with Spinzone on the Long Mile Road – it’s an indoor cycling studio with 70 bikes. Here’s a video if you’d like to get an idea of what the classes are like.

All the classes at Spinzone are great but we’re launching a new class on Wednesdays at 7.30pm that is aimed specifically at cyclists. It will focus heavily on intervals to improve power and endurance and give you a workout that will help you with your cycling on the road. There won’t be any push ups or other movements that won’t be useful to you on your road bike. The instructor is Stuart Ryan, he’s been teaching spin for over three years and he’s a mountain biker himself so he understands what cyclists want from a spin class.

This class will be an hour long and can be booked online for €8 or you can drop in for €10. HOWEVER, for the month of September Orwell members can come to this class for just €5 per class. Just email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and tell me which class or classes you’d like to book and then pay €5 at reception.

If Wednesday night doesn’t suit you can book any of Spinzone’s other classes online . The Tuesday night classes with Anthony are also very popular with cyclists and he does a workout that will translate well to the road.

Here are a few things to note and if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
  • All bikes have spd pedals or toe clips
  • There’s plenty of parking and if you come on your bike you can leave it securely in reception which will be manned at all times
  • Spinzone is located in the Aldi centre on the Long Mile road. Directions here
  • There are men's and women's changing rooms and cubby holes in the studio for you to leave your belongings during the class
  • Please make sure to bring water and a towel
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sandra Telford.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddie Lynch, Brian McNamara, Louise Keane, John Anslow, Peter Carty, Simon Kelehan, Eugène SKIL, Donal O'Connor, Luke GJ Potter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #19539 by Brian McNamara
Replied by Brian McNamara on topic Spinning for Cyclists - Only €5 for Orwell Members
Thanks for organising this Sandra - great spinning class last night, looking forward to next week already.

thanks again

Brian
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sandra Telford

More
7 years 6 months ago #20013 by Sandra Telford
Replied by Sandra Telford on topic FREE Spinning for Cyclists Class
Hi all, a quick update on this class - our original instructor pulled out due to other commitments but I'm delighted to say that as of next week Ken Farrar is coming on board to take the class. He's an experienced spin instructor and he's well known on the cycling scene, he's worked with the Garmin & MTN Quebeka pro teams. What's more I've arranged for the first class with Ken to be FREE and I wanted to give Orwell members a heads up first. To book in just go online to www.spinzone.ie/book-now and select next Wednesday's class at 7.30pm and enter your details. Places are limited and will be given on a first come first served basis so make sure to get in there quick if you're interested in trying this class. Thanks!

More
7 years 6 months ago #20115 by Brian McNamara
Replied by Brian McNamara on topic Spinning for Cyclists - Only €5 for Orwell Members
Hi Sandra - is this on tomorrow night again, with Mr. Ken F ?

More
7 years 6 months ago #20117 by Sandra Telford
Replied by Sandra Telford on topic Spinning for Cyclists - Only €5 for Orwell Members
Hi Brian, yes it is indeed! €8 per class and we have Ken Farrar confirmed for the next three weeks at least. Hopefully we will get the numbers to continue the class after that. Online booking is here:
www.spinzone.ie/book-now and if anyone has any questions please shout.

Thanks, Sandra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian McNamara

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds