Calpe 2023

More
1 week 3 days ago #37747 by BarryR
Calpe 2023 was created by BarryR
I'm planning a trip to Calpe from Saturday 4th March to Wednesday 15th March 2023. This will be our first time back to Calpe since March 2020, when we barely slipped home under the wire of the first lockdown, so we're really looking forward to this. Ask anyone who's been - they'll tell you that whether you're training for racing, training for leisure events, or just enjoying days on the bike in the mountains you can't beat Calpe. It's very cycling friendly, with many professional teams using it for training camps. Every day we'll have a group spin, with distances varying from mountain rides of 100km or so down to rest day rides of 30km. And of course coffee stops feature prominently every day.

The hotel we used before, the Galatamar, has changed to self-catering apartments so we will be using the Diamante Beach hotel instead. It's only a few hundred metres from the Galatamar, so it's still ideally placed for the mountains, the beach, and the cycling cafe. I have a quote of €47 full board per night per person sharing, which is a really excellent deal.

At this point I just need expressions of interest so that I can judge numbers. The way it will work is the same as before. You book your own flights (Ryanair to Alicante), I book the hotel and the airport/hotel transfers. You will have to pay a 25% deposit to the hotel in the next few weeks.

It's open to anyone. It's not an official Orwell outing, so there will be Orwell and non-Orwell people going. Mixed fitness levels. We never leave anyone behind. If we get the numbers we split the group so you can join whichever matches your mood on the day.

If you're interested in knowing more please let me know by posting here or:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Barry Redmond

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Twomey, Stephen McNally

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 days 21 hours ago #37757 by BarryR
Replied by BarryR on topic Calpe 2023
To help you decide to join us in March, here's a photo of a hard working group on one of our previous visits to Calpe.  

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds