2020 winter/spring club kit order. 30th Sept - 11th of Oct.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #33667 by John Twomey
Hi there,
Due to the recent departure of our sponsor, this years winter club kit order has had to be delayed to allow for the removal of their name from all club kit items. This has finally been completed and I’m happy to say that the shop is now open for orders!

The link can be found here : here and will remain active until Sunday the 11th of October. I’m going to be strict that no orders will be taken after this time as it will delay the delivery date which will be towards the end of Nov/start of Dec.

As in the past, delivery of items will be directly to peoples home and postage of orders over 100 euros is free.

For those of you that are buying kit for the first time, we have a sizing chat that can be found here.

Whereas normally, I would do a winter order in August with delivery in time for our first winter spins and a spring/summer order to coincide with the start of the racing season, I’ve been forced to combine these 2 orders this time.

The next planned order after this one will take place around late April/early May to allow newer members to pick up summer kit.

A few things to note :
  • The shorts are a mens fit so in the case of ladies, please adjust your sizing accordingly.
  • We're offering several different chamois options for the shorts both both men and women. You can find the breakdown of which one will suit in the items description.
  • While some of the images on the site still show the older kit, be assured that the item you'll receive will be the correct one.
  • We've updated the ladies jerseys so the rib tech is the more relaxed fit
  • There was an ask for caps but given the high min numbers, I'll do these in a separate order.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks
John
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by John Twomey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Paraic Morrissey, Louise Keane, Fergal Quinn, Bryan Johnston, Simon Kelehan, Andrew Potts, Lorcan Lynch, Ken Moloney, Peter McGrath, James Brennan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #33670 by Celeste Marin
Just to confirm, the photos with "Qanta" are old, and the new items will be the same, but without Qanta?

Also, how to we ladies adjust our size?

More
3 years 5 months ago #33671 by John Twomey
Hi Celeste,
As mentioned above : "While some of the images on the site still show the older kit, be assured that the item you'll receive will be the correct one"

As for sizing, "For those of you that are buying kit for the first time, we have a sizing chat that can be found here ."

Thanks
John

More
3 years 5 months ago #33673 by Louise Keane
Celeste -
the sizing chart is very accurate. Just make sure to order the womens chamois.

If it helps - I am a size 12 and in the Velo shorts I take a size Small because of the mens sizing.

Louise
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monica Marconi

More
3 years 5 months ago #33675 by Sinead Kennedy
Hi Louise what size to wear in the gilet- they are unisex - not sure if I’m a small or medium
Thanks

More
3 years 5 months ago #33677 by Leonard Kaye
Hi John
I'm ordering some kit and it's asking me for a discount code! What is that?

Cheers
Leonard

More
3 years 5 months ago #33678 by John Twomey
The discount code is optional and can be left empty since we aren't offering any this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonard Kaye

More
3 years 5 months ago #33679 by Leonard Kaye
OK , thanks John.

Leonard

More
3 years 5 months ago #33693 by Louise Keane
Hi Sinead
I wear the small in the gillet, I would think the medium would be too big for you. I can bring my one to the shop for you to try on if you like
Louise

More
3 years 5 months ago #33704 by Monica Marconi
Hi John

re: several different chamois options

Does anyone know which of the options on the website is the Female purple chamois (i have it in a Short-sleeved skinsuit, size S Female)

I also have a long-sleeved skinsuit with a pink chamois with the lettering:
Vuelta and Bio-High Tech approved

Thanks
Monica

More
3 years 5 months ago #33721 by John Twomey
Hi Monica,
Here's the reply I got from Velo regarding this :

"The purple chamois that Monica has is the LIBERTY. Everything that club ladies ordered last year and in 2019 is the Purple Liberty so an excellent pad.

The pink one she references is from 2017-2018 and is end of life.

The new BLACK ZENITH Pad for females is selling well and the clubs who got it this year are telling me their female riders love it. "

Hope this helps.
Thanks
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monica Marconi

More
3 years 5 months ago #33748 by John Twomey
Hi all,

There’s been a few queries from the racing members regarding the need to update their kit for next year. Our recommendation is that if you are doing open racing next year, you should update your jersey to the latest version. For those doing the club league only, this will not apply.

Failing to update means that you’re exposing yourself to possible expulsion from races. This would be at a comms discretion on the day and may or maybe be enforced but that’s up to each rider if they want to take that chance.
CI rules on this :
APPENDIX AT.4 - SCALE OF PENALTIES FOR RACE INCIDENTS

Under the penalties defined below there are certain offences, which call for a report to be submitted by the Commissaire to the Provincial Executive or the Board. Similarly, incidences as described in the Scale of Penalties may also be reported to either the Provincial Executive or Board by another competent official or rider and dealt with in accordance with Chapter D.1.

3.1.3 Failure to wear a jersey identical to that of other members off the same team (except where it is provided for in the regulations)
STAGE RACE 1st offence: Warning 2nd offence: 10 seconds penalty 3rd and subsequent offences: 1min. penalty

ONE DAY RACE Permission to start withheld.

Thanks
John

More
3 years 5 months ago #33778 by Andrew Potts
Coming into the winter it's can be cold and wet. If you are in two minds about getting the Winter Bib Tights 120
Don't be, they are amazing, I have used them for well over a year and done long days in the winter on the bike.
I'm in fact getting a second pair even though my first pair are still perfect.
One of the best bits of kit I have ever purchased, warm, water repellent and wind proof with a quality pad.
Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom McGovern

More
3 years 5 months ago #33922 by Leonard Kaye
Hi John
I recently received an email from VeloRevolution stating:

“Just a quick note to say, we have moved your new order for the new Orwell Wheelers Club Kit into production and we are just finalizing the final design with your Clubs Kit Coordinator (John Twomey) now.”

I’m a little concerned with their use of the words “final design”, which sounds as though there’ll be some change to the design of the kit I ordered.

Do you know if there has been an unannounced change in kit design, and if so, could you please advise how I might go about cancelling my order and processing a refund?

Cheers
Leonard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Potts

More
3 years 5 months ago #33945 by Andrew Potts
Hi John,
I own several jackets,shorts, Jerseys etc with a number of different sponsors names on them and I really do not need more kit.
However I have placed a substantial order for club kit .
I wanted to use this unique opportunity to buy some Orwell Kit without sponsors names just for the simple reason of having a name free jersey and shorts.
I too have received an email with a final design approval notification. I would welcome some clarity as the original order was for sponsor free kit, as the late inclusion of a sponsors name or names would negate the reason I made the purchase originaly.
Regards
Andrew

More
3 years 5 months ago #33947 by John Twomey
Hi Andrew/Leonard,
This matter will be discussed at the AGM next week so until we get clarity, I'm holding the order.

After that, if people want to cancel orders, I'll have to discuss this with Velo to see what the options are.

Thanks
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Potts

More
3 years 5 months ago #33948 by Leonard Kaye
Thanks John of the opportunity of organising a refund - if the order does not go ahead as advertised.

Cheers Leonard

More
3 years 4 months ago #34016 by Dick O'Brien
Hi folks,
I've an update on the kit order.

As confirmed at the AGM, this order is now going ahead. The kit ordered will have no sponsors logos because, at present, we have no sponsorship deal in place.

It is possible we may acquire another sponsor and, if so, their name will go on the kit in any subsequent kit orders. If there is anyone who wants to wait till a new sponsor comes on board, please drop me a line, asap
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget
The following user(s) said Thank You: Louise Keane, Andrew Potts, Joseph Wheatley

More
3 years 4 months ago #34020 by Andrew Potts
With the delays to the order actually being placed, is this new action going to futher delay delivery of the items and roughly by how much. It would be disappointing for winter items to be delivered far in to the new year?

More
3 years 4 months ago #34021 by Dick O'Brien
The lead time for orders is six weeks. All going well, it should arrive the week before Christmas.

No forum login? Mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Don't want to miss any forum posts? How to set up email notifications
Subscribe to the calendar: Hit "+" button at bottom of widget
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Andrew Potts

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds