Ras Maigh Eo 2019

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #29222 by Louise Keane
Ras Maigh Eo 2019 was created by Louise Keane
Stage 1 of Ras Maigh has just finished and it sounds like it was a cracker...

Ras Maigh Eo is the first stage race of the year and is open to A1 to A3 including ladies. There are 2 stages today - a morning road stage followed by a TT this evening. Tomorrow morning stage 3 is another road stage.

Unfortunately Paul Forristal did not start this morning as he is sick. Paul won the TT stage in this last year so will be disappointed to have missed the racing. Get well soon Paul!

There was hectic racing from the start and it took over 50km before the decisive break was made when a group of 12 got away. Ronan O'Flynn was active all morning and chomping at the bit to get away, making people work hard after their breakfasts. Unfortunately Ronan missed the break that counted today but sill finished well up in the field.

Brian Mc, Barry McMahon, Callum O'Toole and Mike Handley were unfortunately caught up in a crash. Barry and Brian Mc got back in the bunch and Callum joined them after a quick wheel change from DS Stephen O'Shea in the team car. Unfortunately Mike missed a turn while chasing back on and was disqualified:(

Ride of the stage goes to Barry who finished well up in the bunch despite having no shifter for most of the stage!

I'm still waiting on the official results but I'm reliably informed by my "man in the peleton" (Brian Mc) that Neal Hudson finished safety in the bunch not too far behind Ronan.

Well done lads, now get some rest and good luck with the TT stage later today.

STAGE 1 RESULTS: www.westportcc.ie/2019/03/23/ras-mhaighe...tage-1-provisional/‬

Photo thanks to Stephen O'Shea

Start List 2019

Start List cont.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by Louise Keane. Reason: added photos
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darran Kearney

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #29226 by Louise Keane
Replied by Louise Keane on topic Ras Maigh Eo 2019
Results & GC after stage 2 of Ras Maigh Eo..

in summary they rode fast uphill;)

Ronan and Neal both finished in he top half of the field.

www.westportcc.ie/2019/03/23/ras-mhaighe...19-gc-after-stage-2/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.129 seconds