Wicklow mountains challenge in aid of James’s hospital

More
5 years 1 month ago #29164 by Sinead Kennedy
Hi all

This spin is on May 18th going from Russborough House

I would love to get a gang together for this spin as my Godfather is currently in St James’s ICU

He has been there for three months now and the staff and medical team are amazing.

He is still critical and to be honest it could go either way.

Anyway- I will be doing this spin for him and would love some company. Fingers crossed for a lovely day. We can always cycle out and back too to make it a fun day!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #29165 by Tom Weymes
Woould love to take part, Sinéad. Lots of scenic hills, not TOO long?
Tom

More
5 years 1 month ago #29169 by Joan O'Connell
Hi Sinead,

Happy to tag along, if you don't mind a flat white-level newbie? I've signed up to this myself already, in part from my own experience with St James' Hospital.

In my case, it was after being hit by a car while cycling to work, a little over a year ago (from A&E to surgery to outpatients and physio). Plus I've had indirect experience with the coronary care unit, cath lab, and cardiology teams.

The work everyone in St James' does is incredible.

More
5 years 1 month ago #29170 by Sinead Kennedy
Hi Joan - great that you have registered and sorry to hear about your accident! Thank god you are back out on the bike. Your so brave!

Hopefully we can get a few more and people can cycle in groups of their own level. Recruit a few more whites over the coming weeks!

I should have said in my post that I am in the orange Wicklow 200 group.

Let’s campaign for the coming weeks to get some more Orwell’s onboard

Sadly my godfather passed away last night in the ICU unit after a brave battle so I will be cycling in his honour.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #29178 by Joan O'Connell
Oh Sinead, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you today.

More
5 years 1 day ago #29528 by Joan O'Connell
Hi all, just giving this thread a bump to see if any other club members have signed up?

More
4 years 11 months ago #29909 by Joan O'Connell
Hi everyone,

I'm doing this charity cycle on Saturday in aid of St James' Hospital ICU Department. The hospital and staff there have a particular significance for me, and so by doing this event I am attempting to give back.

I would be so grateful if anyone can donate to support this cause, no matter how big or small, or simply to spread the word.

My fundraising page can be found here:
2019-wicklow-mountains-cycle-challenge.everydayhero.com/ie/joan

More information about this event can be found here:
www.supportstjames.ie/wicklow-mountains-cycle-challenge-2/

Thank you.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds