Sunday 7th June

More
3 years 9 months ago #32457 by BarryR
Sunday 7th June was created by BarryR
I'm not planning a Zwift group ride for this Sunday (7th June), because of the continuing unreliable behaviour of the no-drop function. If anyone wants to put a Zwift spin together just choose a route & time and I'll use the Orwell Zwift account to do the registration and Zwift invites for it.

For myself, I'm planning to do Mont Ventoux on Rouvy on Sunday morning. Anyone who wants is welcome to join me. It definitely won't be a fast spin - I'm a slow climber and willing to go even slower to be social. It's a 1400 m climb, from Bedoin. On long climbs I do 600 to 700m ascent per hour, so this will probably take me about 2.5 hours.

There is no meetup function on Rouvy, so if you want to join me on Mont Ventoux at 10.00am on Sunday 7th June do this:

1. You must have a smart trainer. Rouvy won't work with a classic trainer and a separate power meter or speed sensor, like Zwift does.

2. If you don't already have a Rouvy account, download "Rouvy AR" from rouvy.com/en/ , and create an account for yourself. It's free for the first 14 days.

3. Well before 10.00am on Sunday, get set up on your smart trainer, start up Rouvy and log in.

4. If you haven't already done so, configure Rouvy to connect to your sensors. Select the menu icon on the top right of the main screen, and then select "Sensors".

5. Select the route. On the main screen, select "Change", then "AR routes", then find and select "Mt. Ventoux (from Bedoin)".

6. Back on the main screen, at the bottom, click "Start". This will place your avatar at the start line. You should see my avatar there too.

7. At 10.00am we'll just start pedalling. There is no count down or automatic start like in Zwift. We go when we're ready.

I'll be on the Orwell Discord channel as usual, so if you want to join the ride you should be on Discord too.

If you want to join me after I've started, follow the steps above to get to the start line. Then do this:

• Click on the menu icon at the top right of the screen. Select "Find rider". In the list of riders nearby you should see my name (bredmond), or use the search box to find me. Click on my name. That should teleport your avatar to just beside mine. Then start pedalling.

See you there. Remember that in the real world the limit is still 5km from home until Monday....

Not on Whatsapp. Contact me on Signal app instead.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds