The 2017 Women's Crit Series hosted by Scott Orwell Wheelers welcomes all levels and abilities of women racing from absolute beginners to experienced veterans from all clubs and interested parties. We aim to offer women new to the racing scene an introduction and foundation upon which to develop, while giving more experienced riders a solid platform to progress their race season. There will be separate handicapped races for beginner, intermediate and advanced racers.
The six race series will commence with a 16k time trial (8k for Under 16s) on Tuesday April 4th at Black Bull, Co. Meath, followed by three rounds of Tuesday night racing at Corkagh Park and a road race in Brittas. The sixth and final round of the league will return to Black Bull for another 16k time trial, giving riders the opportunity to compare their performance over the course of the series and realise their advancement and achievements, followed by prize giving on the night.
- To register please submit details using the following link: Scott-Orwell Womens's Crit League 2017 - Registration Form.
- Stay up to date with the Facebook Event: Scott-Orwell Womens' Crit League 2017.
- Entry fee €5 per night or €25 for six rounds
- Cycling Ireland Full Competition or Club Competition Licence is required
- Unlicensed riders may purchase a One-day Cycling Ireland Licence on the night for €10
- IVCA Licences are accepted
- Sign on for time trials at Black Bull from 6.30pm and riders are encouraged to ride out to the start as parking is limited. For safety, all participants should have lights on their bikes (particularly a rear light).
- Corkagh Park/Road Race sign on from 6.20pm, Beginner races to commence at 6.30pm, followed by intermediate/advanced at 7pm.