- This forum is for the use of registered Orwell Wheelers club members only.
- Treat others on the forum as you would wish to be treated yourself, that is to say, 'BE NICE'.
- No spamming. No flaming.
- Do not discuss illegal activities, and do not link to any site that contains material that might be considered offensive or illegal.
- Posts that make inappropriate references to commercial products may be removed (see below).
- Objectionable posts will be removed.
- Do not post anyone's personal information without using the 'hidden' tags.
- Use the 'Report This' button to alert moderators to any offensive or objectionable posts.
- Use the 'hide text from guests' tags for phone numbers or email addresses.
- Try to place your post in the appropriate forum.
- Read a post carefully before replying.
- Use an appropriate subject line for your posts. 'Need help', while probably accurate, is not really very helpful.
- Please don't use all uppercase in posts or subjects.
- Don't upload images of a size and resolution that could be turned into a movie poster. Keep them small so as not to clog up the server.
While it's great to spread the word about relevant businesses or events, we have to be mindful of our advertisers and sponsors, and not give a channel to people to advertise for free to members.
Please do not recommend or link to any local suppliers in direct competition with any of our sponsors or advertisers.
With that in mind, we do welcome posts on the forum where a business is offering an discount specifically for Orwell members, or where the business is owned, run, or features heavy involvement by an Orwell member. If you post about an event or business which is of interest to you and you want to let others know about it, please follow these guidelines also.
The rules for these posts:
- Please create only one thread per event (if it is a regularly recurring event, do not create a new thread every week/month)
- Please disclose any affiliations in the opening post.
- You may reply to any questions or comments in the thread
- Please do not artificially bump the thread to the top of most recent topics by replying to yourself, unless there is a major update, or a closing date is approaching
If you're unsure of anything, or if you wish to advertise your business more permanently or prominently on the website, please contact the committee.
Using the forum
- After you first receive your registration email for the Orwell Wheelers Club Forum, change your password. To do this
- Go to the forum login area.
- Make sure you are not logged in.
- Click on the link that says 'Forgot your password?'
- Enter your email address.
- You will be sent an email that contains a link that will let you reset your password.
- Your login is your full name as registered with the club. Names with an apostrophe (O'Brien) are rendered with a space instead (O Brien).
- Do not share your login details with anyone else.
To receive notifications of all new posts in a forum, click subscribe (image below). This is a useful way to keep in touch with new threads, especially if you don't log on to the forum very often. You can also do this for private fora as well.
To receive notifications of all new posts in a particular thread, click subscribe within that thread.