******. 2 Dates for your diary *******

• Colm Featherstone
  • Colm Featherstone's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #30171 by Colm Featherstone
******. 2 Dates for your diary ******* was created by Colm Featherstone
Ok, I know it does not feel like the summer !!!, especially considering the monsoon like deluge of hailstones experienced last Sunday, indeed well done also to all the Wicklow contingent who came out in force again to Ashtons on Sunday night.

Your social secretary wants to advise you in relation two particular events that will take place in the coming months, first up is the annual family barbecue in August, and then the Orwell Wheelers “Tour de Slieve bloom” which will take place in late October.

Following the great feedback on last years barbecue at the Raddison St Helens Hotel we will be heading back there on Sunday the 11th of August for a great day out for all members, partners, big kids, & small kids, and yes the clowns, balloons and face paintings.Tickets will be on sale in July.

Second up is the “Tour de Slieveblooms” which will take place on Saturday the 26th of October, the bank holiday weekend. Here is the plan:

Drive to Portlaoise, and leave the car at The Midlands Park Hotel.

Depart hotel on spin around the challenging Slieve bloom Mountains.

Check into Hotel late afternoon, and relax in the hotels’s luxury spa,keep a look out for Dave Murnane who won the six pack competition last year, or was it the year before.

Pre-dinner drinks hosted by Tom Wymes.

Dinner in hotel restaurant followed by ?????? “.......sorry this section is only for the people who attend, green mile and all that”

Sunday morning, following breakfast head on second spin, or travel home, whatever suits. All spinners will have the use of the leisure center on site before traveling home.

The cost, Dinner Bed & Breakfast, 3 people sharing, 75 each, 2 people sharing 85 each, single room 115.

Great deal, great hotel, great company, great spins, go on go on go on.

Contact the hotel on 057-8678588, group booking in my name, the rooms will be gone fairly quick.

Colm F.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen Horan, Stefan Foster, Peter McGrath, Joan O'Connell

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #30193 by Tom Weymes
Replied by Tom Weymes on topic ******. 2 Dates for your diary *******
Nice one, Colm: I'll be there PROVIDED you get my name right in all future published material.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds