Hammond Memorials - cancelled!

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #5056 by Brian Mc
Hammond Memorials - cancelled! was created by Brian Mc
*Update as of 12th July- due to last minute roadworks on the climb the Hammond memorial races are cancelled!

Thanks to everyone who came out in force last night - the marshalling was superb, and I can assure you the riders and crowds are very grateful for that. Hope everyone enjoyed it!

Now it's time to repeat the call - coming up in a little over two weeks on Sun 14th July is the other of the club's flagship races, the Noel and Kieran Hammond Memorials. While the Roche is a fast and furious crit, the Hammonds are road races around the hills of Wicklow, starting from Roundwood.

Once again, we need as many people as possible to volunteer as marshalls. It's less of a spectacle than last night, but with three separate races, there'll still be enough to keep you entertained.

If you're available on the day, please add your name below so we can better plan a roster. There'll be an A4 race, an A3 race and an A2/1 race, but once again If we don't get enough volunteers, Orwell riders who are signed on to race on the night will have to step up to marshal instead.

Every member of the club knows it takes plenty of volunteers to make sure an event - whether racing or leisure - is safe and well-run, so please stick your name down!
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Dave Mc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Patrick O'Brien
11 years 2 months ago #5057 by Patrick O'Brien
Replied by Patrick O'Brien on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Put me down to marshall / leadcar / whatever is needed for this.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5058 by Isabel Cogan
Replied by Isabel Cogan on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Put me down to Marshall this one
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

More
11 years 2 months ago #5082 by Brian Mc
Any other takers for this one? We can't run a race with two marshalls!

More
11 years 2 months ago #5083 by Eric Downey
Replied by Eric Downey on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
I'm available to marshall this too. What time do marshalls need to be there for?

More
11 years 2 months ago #5084 by Paul Brosnan
Replied by Paul Brosnan on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Count me in too.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5085 by Cormac Bracken
Replied by Cormac Bracken on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
count me in

More
11 years 2 months ago #5089 by Rachel Glendon
Replied by Rachel Glendon on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
What time would we need to be available from/to roughly?

More
11 years 2 months ago #5090 by Brian Mc
We'd need marshalls to be at Roundwood at 10am, to get a briefing and get out to their junctions before everything kicks off at 11am. Race should be done before 2pm, although if you want to eat all the sandwiches you might need hang around a little longer.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #5091 by Brian Mc
In terms of logistics, in order to safely run this event, we'll need nine cars, and an estimated 33 static marshalls at junctions.

I know many gave their time to marshall at the Roche GP, and probably a few of those also volunteered at the Randonée in May, and the club and committee are grateful for that help. We'll need to make a call on the race next Tuesday, and if we don't have sufficient numbers by then, it may well be that we have to pull the event on safety grounds.

Historically we've always ended up with a surplus at the Roche GP because it's so accessible and mid-week, while the Hammonds suffer because they're further away. If lifts are an issue, there'll be plenty of cars for pooling, and a gang cycling out too. And I know some people aren't available Sundays, which is fair enough.

As it stands, I have:
1 Pat O'Brien
2 Isabel Cogan
3 Eric Downey
4 Paul Brosnan
5 Cormac Bracken
6 Monica Marconi

I'm willing to sit it out and not race if it makes the difference to the race going ahead. Like many members, I've been the recipient of many other clubs putting on races for me, and I'd be happy to return the favour. Ask not what your club can do for you...
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Brian Mc.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5092 by Aidan Collins
Replied by Aidan Collins on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Brian like yourself I'm hoping to race, but if we're stuck for marshals on the day I'm happy to stand on a corner or do lead car.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5093 by Philippe Bourdarias
Replied by Philippe Bourdarias on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Same here. I'd like to race this one but obviously available to help if you are stuck. Can I suggest that you give us an update on the situation with marshalls by Thursday so that we know more or less what to expect and wether we have to bring race gears?
Thanks

More
11 years 2 months ago #5094 by Neal Hudson
Replied by Neal Hudson on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
I'll throw my name in the 'would like to race, but will marshall if needs be' hat

More
11 years 2 months ago #5096 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Same here. I'll marshal if needs be.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5097 by Colum Bradley
Replied by Colum Bradley on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
I can marshall. I'll be on my bike.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5098 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Ill be knocking around too

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #5107 by Brian Mc
Will marshall:
1 Pat O'Brien
2 Isabel Cogan
3 Eric Downey
4 Paul Brosnan (lead car)
5 Cormac Bracken
6 Monica Marconi
7 Brian McArdle
8 Brian Ahern
9 Colum Bradley
10 Mark Mulcahy (lead car)

Will marshall, but would like to race:
11 Neal Hudson
12 Aidan Collins
13 John Twomey
14 Philippe Bourdarias
15 Oisín Boland
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Brian Mc.

• Oisin Boland
11 years 2 months ago #5120 by Oisin Boland
Replied by Oisin Boland on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
I will marshall but would like to race as well.

More
11 years 2 months ago #5121 by Mark Mulcahy
Replied by Mark Mulcahy on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
Available to marshall (can do one of the car spots if needed)

More
11 years 2 months ago #5124 by David Hendron
Replied by David Hendron on topic Hammond Memorials - marshalls needed again please!
HI
Count me in to Marshall.
DH

Time to create page: 0.383 seconds