CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5360 by Brian Mc
CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13 was created by Brian Mc
The committee have lined up a hell of a final round for us! They've scrapped the crit, and replaced it with a road race in the Dublin/Wicklow hills.

Sign-on is at the carpark of the Blue Light pub until 18.50 (goo.gl/maps/JJy0c).

Race rolls out at 19.00, neutralised through Glencullen (Johnnie Fox's) and down to the Devil's Elbow*. The race will start once all riders are safely through the Elbow (about 5.5km on the map). From there head south, until you hit the L1011 and turn right toward Glencree. The race will proceed through Glencree and up to the Military Road, turning right toward the viewing point, and turning right there onto Cruagh Road. The final stretch of the loop is the road from the R1 TT (but reversed), Pine Forest Road. I'm awaiting confirmation on where the finish line will be, but the after-party will definitely be in the Blue Light!

Update: Finish line will be on the road into Glencullen.

www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/268630061

We'll be having a barbecue and a prize-giving for the league, and it'll be an opportunity to thank those who made it all happen every week - Damien Long, Eddy Lane and Ciara Kinch, very ably assisted by Jeni Sheridan, Paul Tansey and Dick O'Brien. The marshalling has been great every week as well, so everyone can have a pat on the back! You'll get your marshalling deposit back in the pub, don't spend it all in one go!

More marshalls please!
Because this was designated a crit, we only had four marshalls assigned to it. Ed O'Mahoney and Jamie Busher both kindly volunteered to marshall an extra night (nice one!), and Brian Ahern did a swap. From the looks of the course, we'll need a few more to make this happen - the more we can get, the safer it'll be.

At this point of the league, Eric has won it, whether or not he shows up next week! Pat has also secured second place if he signs on for the final round, congrats to them both! Tom might be able to steal Gavin's bronze if can take the final win, and keep Gavin out of the placings, and after that it's tight enough. Interestingly, my by calculations, there's a three-way tie for 11th between Oisín Boland, Jules Cantwell and Donal Brady.

I've attached a provisional results table with extra TTT points**, HC points, and the worst five removed. Perhaps if you're not in the running at the pointy end of the results, you might consider volunteering, or likewise if a win vs marshalling points won't make any difference to your position.

Aidan Ryan
Ronan Grimes Neal Hudson
Gavin Dodd John Latham
Stephen Surdival
Brian Ahern
Ed O'Mahoney
Jamie Busher

Provisional penultimate table: www.orwellwheelers.org/images/docs/cl2013_r19_provisional.xls

*if you don't know the Devil's Elbow, it's a very steep up-and-down bit of road, with a zig-zag: goo.gl/maps/dnJvz

**if you missed the announcement in the other thread, top six teams in the TTT will now be receiving points.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Brian Mc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5362 by John Latham
Replied by John Latham on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
FYI I'm marshalling in place of Gavin Dodd.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5367 by Paul Brosnan
Replied by Paul Brosnan on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
I'm happy to marshal this one. Can do lead car if needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brian Mc

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5368 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Here's a suggestion for the finish.

If the race goes left at Johnny foxes there's a nice drag up to the Glencullen Pitch and Putt Club. It would make for tough finish at a safe speed

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Liam Rowsome.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5369 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13

Here's a suggestion for the finish.

If the race goes left at Johnny foxes there's a nice drag up to the Glencullen Pitch and Putt Club. It would make for tough finish at a safe speed

It would be a super finish, but going through traffic lights is a non runner unless we have cops there to stop traffic.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5370 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
D'oh....!

More
11 years 1 month ago #5372 by Aidan Collins
Replied by Aidan Collins on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Nice one. This looks like it should be a laugh!

I'd just like to thank all those involved with organising the league this year - I know it probably feels like a thankless job at times, but your work through the year is much appreciated by all in the club.

Congrats on running a great league!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, Diarmuid Collins

More
11 years 1 month ago #5373 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13

I'm happy to marshal this one. Can do lead car if needed.

Thanks Paul!

More
11 years 1 month ago #5380 by Gavin Dodd
Replied by Gavin Dodd on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13

Tom might be able to steal Gavin's bronze if can take the final win, and keep Gavin out of the placings

Tom, it will be left entirely in your own hands to knock me off the podium! I won't make it on Thursday due to an annoyingly perennial calendar clash with an unavoidable event that means I will miss the last race again.

Many thanks to all involved in planning and executing a hugely enjoyable and safe league this year. After the decision to withdraw from the ICL, organisation of the splinter group Orwell league was left in good hands.

Enjoy Thursday.
Gav
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Mc, John Twomey

More
11 years 1 month ago #5385 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
This could well be one of the best races of the season- weather is currently forecasting not a drop of rain and 20 degrees for that evening.

The biggest variable will be the turnout- if there are good numbers then groups should stay together fairly well as far as Glencree and then leave us with a cracker of a race over the Featherbeds and Cruagh, bigger numbers the better.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5386 by Lucy Soden
Replied by Lucy Soden on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
I will marshal this race on Thursday, if more marshals are needed.

I'd like to echo what Aidan and Gavin have already said. A big thank you to Dave Mc, Dave Tansey (and the rest of the committee) who helped set up the league; to Eddy, Damien, Ciara, Jen, Dick, and Paul who ran it so well; and to Brian for his enthralling race reports!

Thanks again everyone. It was a super league.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Twomey, Brian Mc

More
11 years 1 month ago #5387 by Brian Mc
Thanks on both counts Lucy!

I've updated the spreadsheet on the front page with the results from R19 as confirmed by the league committee.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5389 by Brian Mc

Thanks on both counts Lucy!

I've updated the spreadsheet on the front page with the results from R19 as confirmed by the league committee.

I've amended the formula for deducting the worst 5 this morning. I had continued on last year's tradition of including the championship rounds in all scores, but I've been told this is no longer the case, and they will be deducted if in the worst five. Apologies for anyone whose position is affected by this, and has seen their hopes of a prize die.

Committee has also told me that prizes will be awarded to top ten and first woman.

• Donal Brady
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5390 by Donal Brady
Replied by Donal Brady on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
There seems to be something up with the ordering of the spreadsheet. It's neither by Total nor Adjusted Total.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Donal Brady.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5391 by Brian Mc

There seems to be something up with the ordering of the spreadsheet. It's neither by Total nor Adjusted Total.

It's sorted by adj. total before the hypothetical 0 points for R20 was inserted. I've re-ordered it now to avoid (further) confusion.

• Donal Brady
11 years 1 month ago #5392 by Donal Brady
Replied by Donal Brady on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Can you not order it some other way that gets me inside the top 10? :)

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #5393 by Brian Mc

Can you not order it some other way that gets me inside the top 10? :)

If you win on the night, keep Brian Doyle out of the prizes, and make sure neither Brian McNally nor Jamie Busher get second, you're guaranteed a top ten spot!
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Brian Mc. Reason: tonight?

More
11 years 1 month ago #5394 by John Twomey
Replied by John Twomey on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Put me down for a marshalling spot as well and I can do one of the lead cars if ye are stuck.

• John Mc Elligott
11 years 1 month ago #5395 by John Mc Elligott
Replied by John Mc Elligott on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
I can't race this one due to an eye issue but I should be ok to marshal if marshals are still required.

I will be on a bike as opposed to a car if that makes organisers job easier.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5396 by Brian Ahern
Replied by Brian Ahern on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
FYI - I'll be marshaling but will also be on a bike. I won't have time to go home and get the car...

Time to create page: 0.579 seconds