CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13

• John Mc Elligott
11 years 4 weeks ago #5412 by John Mc Elligott
Replied by John Mc Elligott on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Sincere apologies. I will not be able to leave work anytime soon so will not make it out to marshal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5416 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Tonight saw the Limit groups stay away after a generous 10min handicap over a short 25km course.

1 Colum Bradley
2 Brian Doyle
3 Ryan McCarthy
4 Owen Flaherty
5 Keith Harte
6 Donnacha McCormack

I am (if everyone doesn't know by now) at a wedding in about 12 hours, so a report will not be forthcoming any time soon. In brief, Colum rode a savage ride solo for most of the race, taking a fantastic maiden win!

For the overall, well done to Eric! I don't have a list of final placings yet, but will publish them when I do.

In the meantime, I'd personally and on behalf of the club, like say a huge thank you to Damien Long and Eddie Lane for making sure the league ran smoothly week in and week out! To Ciara Kinch for keeping track of all the results, and ably assisting the two lads. To Dick O'Brien and Paul Tansey for their work in running a number of races throughout the league, and to Jeni Sheridan for the same, and cooking up a storm at the barbecue tonight! Dave Mc also deserves a mention for helping out and lending his wisdom when needed, tip of the helmet to him.

To all the riders who cam out to compete, and for your marshalling, to the friends and family who came out and cheered on, or those who supported from home, thank you! You made the inaugural Orwell League a huge success!

Now I'd better go to bed, because I did promise the bride I'd only have the one pint and then go home, and that's not quite what happened. Curse you peer pressure, curse yooouuu!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aidan Collins, Liam Rowsome, Gavin Dodd, Paul Brosnan, Donnacha McCormack, Cormac Bracken, Julian Moore, Eric Downey, Fergal Quinn, Valdis Andersons, Daragh Boyd

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5418 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Uuugh.... My head! Guinness is not an ideal recovery drink..

Thanks again to all the organisers for giving their time to organise a brilliant league. Well done - your effort is very much appreciated.

• Brian Doyle
11 years 3 weeks ago #5420 by Brian Doyle
Replied by Brian Doyle on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
My friend took some pictures last night of the race : tinyurl.com/mxv9ytc

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #5444 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic CL 2013 R20 - Blue Light CP 22/8/13
Final results are on the front page now.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds