Club league round 19 TTT

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7435 by Dave Mc
Club league round 19 TTT was created by Dave Mc
Once again the league is coming to a conclusion and with three rounds left it's time for the team time trial. The format will be mostly the same as recent years, with riders selecting their own teams in advance, though if anyone doesn't have a team they can show up on the night and a team will be found for them.

Teams are made up of 3/4 riders. The team's time will be taken on the third rider to cross the line, so obviously if you have a fourth rider you have more leeway to lose one to puncture, inability to keep up, or whatever. Teams can be made up from any of the groups, but it's best to form a team where everyone has similar abilities - the work is shared more evenly, everyone's able for the same fastest pace, etc.

If you have a team already formed, please post it here, so the organisers can more easily prepare the time sheets. If you're without a team, you can use this thread to find others looking for one, or just show up on the night and you'll be matched up with others. But your best bet is to form one beforehand with riders you know, otherwise you may end up either collecting tickets for the night (not so bad for the result), or constantly pinging off the front (frustrating for everyone). It also allows you to practice and work out a system for riding through.

Usual TT rules apply - aero gear allowed, caution when overtaking teams, and no drafting (except within teams, obviously!). Any questions, ask away, though it might be covered in previous TTT threads...
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Dave Mc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7436 by Dave Mc
Replied by Dave Mc on topic Club league round 19 TTT
The thread from 2013 can be found here: 2013

More
10 years 1 month ago #7437 by Dave Mc
The course is to be a new one for this year- Mapmyride link . Sign on will be at the Blue Gardenia as usual, closing at 19:00, with a neutralised rollout to the start in Blessington. The route will be a lap of the lakes, for a distance of 28km, so marginally shorter than recent years, but quite a bit more challenging.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7438 by Dave Mc
There will be one other change of note from recent years- there will be handicaps applied to each team based on the groups of the individual riders on the team; there will be a 2'30" deduction for every limit rider on the team, 1'35" for each semi-limit, 35" for each semi-scratch and no deduction for the scratch riders. This means that a team made up of 4 limit riders will have a 10 minute advantage on a full scratch team, and every other combination will fall somewhere in between. Based on recent years that shouldn't shake the results up too much, but it will mean that an organised limit or semi-limit team has a very good chance of placing (or even winning), and a disorganised scratch team is likely to come away with nothing.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7443 by Stephen Hayden
Replied by Stephen Hayden on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Looking to assemble a limit / semi limit team?

Stephen Hayden

• Malcolm Garland
10 years 1 month ago #7445 by Malcolm Garland
Replied by Malcolm Garland on topic Club league round 19 TTT
I'd be delighted to buddy up with you Stephen.
Malcolm

More
10 years 1 month ago #7446 by Martyn Holmes
Replied by Martyn Holmes on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Stephen/Malcolm

Will take a slot also if still going

Martyn

• Frank Moriarty
10 years 1 month ago #7448 by Frank Moriarty
Replied by Frank Moriarty on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Hi Stephen,

If you still have a 4th spot free would I be able to join too? No worries if not.

Thanks,
Frank

More
10 years 1 month ago #7449 by Stephen Hayden
Replied by Stephen Hayden on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Lads,

Looks like we we have a foursome, to anybody I may have chatted with previously about teaming up my apologies.

Looking forward to giving it a lash!!!

Stephen

More
10 years 1 month ago #7453 by Daniel McElroy
Replied by Daniel McElroy on topic Club league round 19 TTT
I'm looking for a team too.

I don't have aero gear or bike, I will be using drop handle bars with clip-on aero bars. It probably makes sense for team members to have similar set-ups.

Any takers?

Also would be good to head for a practice run tomorrow, so post if you can do that too.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7457 by Colum Bradley
Replied by Colum Bradley on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Hi Daniel

I would be up for this if you still have a space. I could do tomorrow for practice.

Colum

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7458 by Martyn Holmes
Replied by Martyn Holmes on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Stephen/Malcolm/Frank

Apologies but just been informed :) that I have a prior commitment for this thursday cannot join ye for TT.

Am sure thee are plenty of stronger replacements out there.

Sorry for the mix up & best of luck

Martyn
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Martyn Holmes.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7460 by Daniel McElroy
Replied by Daniel McElroy on topic Club league round 19 TTT

Hi Daniel

I would be up for this if you still have a space. I could do tomorrow for practice.

Colum

Hi Colum, yes have space, just 2 of us so far! Sorry I actually can't go tomorrow anymore, I'm heading mountainbiking in Rostrevor. Maybe we could try to do something on Tuesday evening. Otherwise we can just do it on the day!

My email is: (hidden from guests)

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

send me a message and we can organise something.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7466 by Daragh Boyd
Replied by Daragh Boyd on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Hey Stephen,

If there's a spot going still I'd be game.

Daragh

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #7473 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Liam Rowsome
Gavin Dodd
David Swift
Arek Pierożyński

Anyone else for this team? I'll supply pre race coffee :-)
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Liam Rowsome.

• Conor Murnane
10 years 1 month ago #7478 by Conor Murnane
Replied by Conor Murnane on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Hey Daniel,

I'll take a spot if there's a space.
I'm able to practice this evening

Conor

More
10 years 1 month ago #7479 by Brian Mc
Replied by Brian Mc on topic Club league round 19 TTT
Another Scratch team to step up to the challenge of winning out despite the handicaps:

Pat O'Brien
Fionn Sheridan
Eric Downey
Brian McArdle

More
10 years 1 month ago #7480 by Aideen Keenan
Replied by Aideen Keenan on topic Club league round 19 TTT
I can join you Liam if you're still looking for someone. I have clip on bars but due to the lack of brakes don't know if this is an advisable option in a TTT.

More
10 years 1 month ago #7481 by Liam Rowsome
Replied by Liam Rowsome on topic Club league round 19 TTT
ah Jeez sorry Aideen. I literally just changed my post (as Gavin has recruited a work collegue this afternoon) posted it and then saw your post when the page refreshed. You would've obviously been more than welcome! Congrats on a great win at the weekend and sorry again about the poor timing!

More
10 years 1 month ago #7482 by Aideen Keenan
Replied by Aideen Keenan on topic Club league round 19 TTT
No problem. Another option has just arisen with the King of TTs and his good lady of all people. Thanks for your congrats. It was a flattering result from a small field, but I'll take it!

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds