Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational

More
6 years 8 months ago #23841 by Luke GJ Potter
Front Page Article: Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 .

Please use this thread for all the organisation of rooms, car pooling, updates and lost & found. Similar to the Summer Weekend Away.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Murnane, Valdis Andersons, Ken Moloney

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23842 by Valdis Andersons
Replied by Valdis Andersons on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Thanks Ann and Luke for setting this up, was great fun last year! :)

What are the planned cycling routes? Would be great to get a chaingang together either on the Friday or Saturday for the spin there for a 5h-ish cycle time, ideally we could try to get below the 5h marker.
I imagine the return trip will be at a more relaxed pace (sore heads and such).

Btw. what's the plan for the Saturday if people arrive on the Friday, any local cycling routes that are a must-do?

More
6 years 8 months ago #23845 by Alan Hickey
Replied by Alan Hickey on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Valdis reading the original post I think the plan is to do an 80-120k spin on the Saturday starting in Carrick for people that are down on the Friday or drive there early Saturday morning.

I'd be up for cycling to Carrick on the Saturday morning from Dublin instead and pedalling home Sunday morning if you wanted to leave on the Saturday morning? We'd just need to figure a way to get bags there and back, not sure if the same routine as last year with the club van would be in place?

I'll be booking a twin room if anyone wants to share?

More
6 years 8 months ago #23849 by Valdis Andersons
Replied by Valdis Andersons on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Alan, we can bunk up again for this if you like.

My preferred option would also be to cycle down on the Saturday to avoid taking Friday off.

The van for bags option would be perfect if available again this year.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23850 by Alan Hickey
Replied by Alan Hickey on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Sounds good Valdis, I'll make the booking so.

More
6 years 8 months ago #23945 by Ann Horan
Hi lads
Sorry I'm a bit late replying on this.
I think most white/yellow and orange groups would be more comfortable doing a loop from Bush Hotel on Sat and Sun.

The red paced riders will have no bother doing 160km two days in a row. Good idea to arrange a red spin from Joe's on Sat morning.

There will be no need to bring the club van as majority of people will be driving. (similar to Nenagh 2 years ago)

There should be plenty options for ye transporting bags and even to bag a return lift on Sunday if weather is atrocious!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fergal O'Sullivan, Alan Hickey

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #24453 by Ann Horan
Hi Everyone
This is just an update on the club weekend away.
There are only 2 twins/doubles and 5 triples available at the moment. The two twins/doubles will be released over the next few days so if you want one you will need to book in quickly.

There are no singles available in ' The Bush Hotel'. I did warn you all a long time ago that they were in short supply!!

The good news is that ' The Landmark Hotel' is right beside ' The Bush Hotel'.

This hotel has both availability and bike storage for Sat 18th Nov. Their B & B rates are as follows
Double/Twin €75 pps.
Triple €65 pps
Single €105

Anyone who is availing of this option will need to ring the Bush Hotel and book into the Orwell Wheelers group dinner. This will
cost €22.

So still lots of opportunities to come along on the best cycling weekend of the year...don't delay, book today!!!!!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Ann Horan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denis Gleeson, Ken Moloney

More
6 years 6 months ago #24566 by Ann Horan
Excellent deal on pigsback...book immediately.Available 7 days a week.

www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/400424

More
6 years 6 months ago #24761 by Mervyn Bent
Replied by Mervyn Bent on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Not sure if I am early or late with this.
I have the friday off and am planning on cycling down at an 6 to 7 hour pace if
anyone is interested.
The only small concern I have is getting a bag there if the van is not traveling but I am sure things will work out.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24762 by Mervyn Bent
Replied by Mervyn Bent on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Not sure if I am early or late with this.
I have the friday off and am planning on cycling down at an 6 to 7 hour pace if
anyone is interested.
The only small concern I have is getting a bag there if the van is not traveling but I am sure things will work out.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24767 by Barry Higgins
Replied by Barry Higgins on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Hi Mervyn,
I'd be interested in joining you. Need to work out leaving time as I may have to pop into work that morning.
Cheers,
Barry

More
6 years 6 months ago #24768 by Mervyn Bent
Cool

More
6 years 5 months ago #24815 by Kevin Farrell
Replied by Kevin Farrell on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
I'm going to try and get that Friday off and cycle down too. The other half will be driving down so could take your bag Mervyn

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #24826 by Ann Horan
Hi Everyone
Here are the routes for orange,yellow and red paced groups leaving from The Bush Hotel at 10am on the Sat morning.

www.strava.com/routes/10918449

www.strava.com/routes/10923188

www.strava.com/routes/10914574

Thanks to Colm Featherstone for putting them together.

Don’t forget you can still join us on this epic trip by finding your own accommodation in Carrick on Shannon town and then ringing the Bush Hotel and asking them to include you for ‘Dinner only at a cost of €22’.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Ann Horan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefan Foster

More
6 years 5 months ago #24838 by Tom Weymes
2 sharers needed for the triple room I've booked in the Bush Hotel. Snorers accepted!

More
6 years 5 months ago #24839 by Tom Weymes
Forgot to say - it's for Friday AND Saturday nights.

More
6 years 5 months ago #24860 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
John Latham and I will also be cycling down on the Saturday.

Original plan was to get the train back, however I'm hoping that someone might be driving back VERY early on Sunday morning and can let me out near Dublin? I need to get to Russborough house for 11am!

More
6 years 5 months ago #24862 by Colm Featherstone
Replied by Colm Featherstone on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
See earlier message about the routes for the Saturday spins on the weekend away.

The Yellows & Whites will be stopping in Dowra for refreshments, it’s at about 50k.

What do the Orange, and Reds want to do , it’s a long spin after Dowra, with a remote climb as well.

Need to know the plans for the fast people, too late to arrange on the day as there is not many options in that part of the world .

Please indicate here.

More
6 years 5 months ago #24886 by Helen Horan
Replied by Helen Horan on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Would two coffee stops be out of the question?!

More
6 years 5 months ago #24889 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
All that caffeine, Helen. You'll be up all night!

Time to create page: 0.327 seconds