Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational

More
6 years 6 months ago #24890 by Helen Horan
Replied by Helen Horan on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
One coffee stop, one lunch stop then.. Sure what's the rush?!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24891 by Michael Hanley
Replied by Michael Hanley on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Gotta be in the hot tub with a cocktail before it gets too crowded.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #24892 by Helen Horan
Replied by Helen Horan on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Hot tub? Best of luck finding one of those. I hear some people prefer a crowded hot tub anyway!
Back to the cycle... Any objections to two stops?
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Helen Horan.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24893 by Ann Horan
I’m not familiar with the area. Anyone know what coffee stop options are available on the orange route?

More
6 years 6 months ago #24894 by Colm Featherstone
Replied by Colm Featherstone on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
There is not many places for cappuccinos or skinny lattes in that part of Leitrim.

2 stops no problem if you want, that would be Dowra and then Ballinamore because there is nothing in between.

The whites & Yellows will be stopping for something to eat in Dowra.

If you guys come to a consensus let me know as do not want to book numbers and then not turn up.

As regards the hot tub, the Shannon is the nearest you will get to one.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24897 by Diarmuid Donnelly
Replied by Diarmuid Donnelly on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
I'd suggest that for the Orange groups a single planned stop for soup and sandwich is the best approach. More frequent stopping, especially on chilly days in winter, is painful. People can always make a spontaneous decision to stop if the weather is nice and they come upon a nice cafe/pub/sweetshop.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24899 by Padraig Cunningham
Replied by Padraig Cunningham on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
I'd go with Diarmuid's suggestion, a scheduled stop in Dowra and then a second stop if the opportunity arises. Ballinamore is only 25km from home.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24900 by Alan Hickey
Replied by Alan Hickey on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
On a non coffee stop related topic, is there anyone still looking for a room by any chance? My roomie is laid low and can't make the weekend now unfortunately. I'm booked in for the Saturday night only, cost is €77 each for a twin room which includes b&b and the meal on the Saturday night too.

Alan.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24901 by Donal O'Connor
Replied by Donal O'Connor on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Alan,
I might be able to take you up on that offer. I probably can't confirm until this evening or tomorrow.
If you get someone else in the meantime work away.
Donal

More
6 years 6 months ago #24902 by Alan Hickey
Replied by Alan Hickey on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Sound Donal. I will hold it until the morning for you anyway and after that its first come first served.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donal O'Connor

More
6 years 6 months ago #24903 by Helen Horan
Hi Colm,
It looks like some people aren't interested in stopping twice so if you wouldn't mind booking us in for lunch in Dowra that would be great. There shouldn't be any need to make a reservation in
Ballinamore if there will only be a handful of us stopping there.
Thanks for organising this :)
HH

More
6 years 6 months ago #24907 by Colm Featherstone
Replied by Colm Featherstone on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Very good, will give them a shout, have a rough idea of the numbers from Ann H.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24918 by Colm Featherstone
Orwell Wheeler's booked in for Soup, Sandwiches, Tea- Coffee €6 a head.

Any fussy people, keep on pedaling.

Oh yea, its Mart day as well.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24922 by Ann Horan
Hi Everyone
Just to let ye know what will be happening on the weekend away..

Friday night everyone will be arriving at different times so I suggest people do their own thing.We can hang out in the Bush Bar for banter.

Saturday morning
Congregate outside the Bush Hotel at 9.30am to divide into 3 groups. (White, yellow and orange)
There are no official leaders so please familiarise yourself with the routes in the forum post above ( download the route on to your garmin if possible)
and make sure your bike is in good working order. All the usual Sunday spin rules apply. All groups aim to have left the hotel by 10am sharp.

Dinner in the Bush Hotel will be at 6.30pm. Seating will be allocated by table number so please take a table number from me before entering the dining room.This is great for meeting new friends and splits up the cliques.
After dinner we will have a few beverages in the Bush Bar. If people are interested in a dishco, Murtaghs has been recommended as a suitable venue for the over 30s. We would need to be heading there by 11pm.

The following morning people are free to do their own hungover thing.Enthusiasm
for a second day of cycling will probably be weather dependent. The leisure whatsapp group might be a suitable place to suggest a time/route etc.

I hope everyone has a really great weekend and remember what happens in Carrick stays in Carrick ( kinda!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monica Coll, Stefan Foster

More
6 years 6 months ago #24929 by Mervyn Bent
Replied by Mervyn Bent on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Hi Barry making final plans for the weekend wondering if you could get in touch:
my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks Mervyn

More
6 years 6 months ago #24944 by Alan Hickey
Hi Donal,

Just wondering if you are still looking for that room or not? It's still going free.

Alan.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24963 by Paraic Morrissey
Replied by Paraic Morrissey on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Hi Alan ,
I'm a late arrival in the room market ! Is the room still going ?
Thanks,
Paraic.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24964 by Alan Hickey
Hi Paraic,

Just spoke to Donal there and yes the room is yours if you want it.

Just as an FYI i'm not feeling 100% myself right now either but hopefully I will make. It, if its a thing I don't make it down I will phone to hotel to let them know the room will be in your name and I will settle my half of the bill with them in advance. Again this room is for the Saturday night only and includes the meal on Saturday night in the price.

Alan.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24966 by Paraic Morrissey
Replied by Paraic Morrissey on topic Craic in Carrick - Weekend Away 2017 Organisational
Hi Alan ,

Thanks a mill for that . I'll travel by bus on Saturday , so I'll probably be bikeless . Just the social end of the weekend for me , then !

Paraic.

More
6 years 6 months ago #24967 by Tom Weymes
Should Paraic or anyone else be interested in a lift down on Fri. evening I'd be most happy to oblige. 3 bodies or 1 body + 1 bike. Leaving about 8.
Tom

Time to create page: 0.355 seconds